Saturday, October 10, 2009

Uncle John has passed away.


My Uncle John Hensley passed away last Wednesday. He was almost 86 years old. He was a WWII veteran, having served in Europe during the war.
I credit him in part with teaching me to work on cars, (a skill that I've passed on to my sons).
For those too far away to attend the funeral, you can post a note to the family at elmridge.mem.com. You can also read the obituary there.
Of special note to Jonas is that Uncle John's middle name was also Sherman, same as yours.
This picture of him is a reminder of what my Grandpa Chester Hensley looked like when I was a boy, except he had less hair than this picture of Uncle John. Just in case you ever wondered what Great Grandpa Hensley looked like. We Hensleys have a special look.

No comments:

Post a Comment