Thursday, February 12, 2009

DAY 2: San Diego





Before heading off to the San Diego Temple, we took Jonas and Maddie to School. Their school was really cool looking. It was a Spanish style architecture and some unique features about it. Bill & I went in to meet their teachers. Jonas's teacher made me laugh because he said "Hello! It's nice to meet you," then he took me over to show me a valentine's bag project the class was going to do that day. He proceeded to show me that since they were studying compound words, that's what they would be gluing on the sides of the bag!! "like sweet-heart.....," and he got carried away, like he was trying to teach - me like a student, what a compound word was. "You see its two words you put together to make one!" LOL! Deborah just turns and walks away!! It made me laugh! So then, off we went to meet Maddie's teacher, and I do remember her teacher's name. Mr. Laguarda. He seemed very nice also. But, he also made me laugh. I ask him if in could take a picture of him and Maddie together. He said yes and he tells Maddie come here. Deborah whispers in my ear, "Don't you think he resembles Joey:?!" I turn back around to look and didn't see him, then I realized he had sat down on the floor with Maddie! It seemed like a strange thing, but I did get a good picture of them!! Josh says Mr. Laguarda doesn't look like Joey...Deborah thinks he does, what do u think?
Afterwards, we dropped Eliza & Wyatt off at a sitter and we went to the San Diego Temple. It is my 2nd favorite temple after the Washington DC Temple. It is so beautiful inside and out. Winter Quarters is in the top 3 also! Afterwards we hurried back to the school to get the kids. Here are some pictures, then we were off to visit the world famous San Diego Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment