Sunday, August 23, 2009

Doh... Another Sandtrap!



Our work tent backs up against a couple of square miles of open desert originally used as massive parking lots for thousands of tanks, Humvee's etc. in the lead up to the Iraq invasion. Now it is all empty, so we decided to put it to good use as a driving range. I'm thinking I should be pretty good out of the bunkers by the time I get home.

Nothing very exciting to report here- the desert is still hot, the Arabs still hate us, and the the the Army still regularly finds new ways to amuse me with stupidity. As that is really all I can complain about, life is clearly treating me very well. Hope everyone there is having a great summer!

2 comments:

  1. Don't complain about the Army's impressive collection of stupid policies. Fortunately for you, you can just sit back and laugh at most of them. I have to live them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Army has no monopoly on stupid policy. Consider the goverment in general. All of it is run by the goverment bureaucrats, whose main objective is to not have to work before they retire. Think of this as training for your future job after the Army.

    ReplyDelete