Sunday, August 9, 2009

Groundhog Day

I like reading all about your adventures. Makes me wish I had some of my own to share. Things in Kuwait are very much routine. When Sailors arrive from the states I give them welcome to theater briefings, providing useful tips such as don't set fire to Korans on the front steps of the Mosques. We get about 400 Sailors per month through Camp Virginia; taking care of their pay and administrative issues keeps me fairly busy. Still, the monotony is setting in, and even after only four moths there isn't much new to add variety to the days. I have started taking some professional military education classes. The Navy has been pushing them for the last couple years but I didn't want to do it on my own time. I have to write my first essay in 8 years this week. Hopefully I didn't forget how.

Looking forward to the start of the fantasy football season! The turbo turtles have had a very grueling training camp here in Kuwait. No doubt their newfound ferocity will strike fear into the hearts of all!



I can't take credit for this piece of photography. It was taken by someone else at Ali Al Salem AB, about 5 miles from here. I think I've had about enough sandstorms to last me the rest of my days!

2 comments:

  1. I suspect boredom will be the beginning of a football dynesty for the Turbo Trurtles.
    The Super Fish have not begun training camp. As of this time they do not know if there will be any returning veterans from last season's team.
    Good Luck to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sand storms are pretty much the worst thing ever. We don't suffer to bad from them here in this part of the Stan, but down south I have seen some nasty ones.

    ReplyDelete